Have you started a new online apparel store? Kudos!!
While as great as that decision maybe, given the booming e-commerce industry, expect no smoother path ahead. Not with the hyper-competition we’re witnessing right now.
Don’t let that discourage you though.
With few tactics, right decisions, and a good clothing manufacturer by your side, you can come out as a complete winner in your niche that people can’t help but love, respect and buy from.
Here are 19 solid tips to make your new online apparel business a success —
- Price your products well. Have a well-planed pricing strategy that makes you decent profit but also appeals to your customers.
- Be very careful of your customers’ experience. Make sure the whole shopping experience for them is very convenient—whether it is with easily navigable products to simple ordering procedures.
- If you’re going with DIY steps, focus more on social media marketing than SEO. With platforms like Twitter and Facebook today providing the customers the opportunity to buy directly from their websites, the conversion rate there will be much higher than from the SERPs.
- If you’re looking for big revenue quickly, it is recommended that you hire a good marketing agency.
- Now you have a well round online store and products well into existence, time to focus on marketing.
- Calculate the total initial cost (or investment). And make sure you have capital double to that. You’re going to need the extra bunch as you go.
- Since you’re just a beginner, it is best to go with the dropshipping model, where the manufacturers cum dropshippers UK, USA takes care of your inventory in their own warehouse and handle the shipping on your behalf. It’s less stressful, and cost-effective. Plus, you will also get online interface to manage your e-inventory in real time.
- Whichever clothing manufacturer you choose, MAKE SURE they offer decent customer service to avoid future problems.
- Research on number of clothing suppliers and see who’s better. Factor their catalog size, the quality of their collection, the price range and so forth. Match them thoroughly with what you and your customers are looking for.
- Address all the technical ends of your online store. The domain mane registration, web host, e-commerce CMS and so forth.
- If possible, talk to your target customers in person. They could even be your family members and friends.
- Use various online platforms and surveys for your customer research and analysis.
- Don’t rush! We get it, thousands much like you are already making high-flying revenue from the market. And you too want to jump on the scene quickly. But rushing things only going to lead to wrong decisions and omission of various aspects of this business.
- There are many niche in the clothing industry—lifestyle wears, fashion, sports, fitness, running, yoga, men’s, women’s, kid’s,
- teen’s, and so much more. Pick one or two based on your interest.
Whatever niche(s) you’ve picked, analyze its growth rate. You don’t want to pick the one that has no future or have slow growth rate than others.
- Now you know your niche, research on your target customers. Their needs, demands, budget and so forth.
- Know who your competitors are. Understand their business and marketing model. Why and how are they making more revenue that you.
- Be a bit more careful when it comes to the delivery—as it’s a big part of your customers’ experience. Since your dropshipper is handling the shipping for you, make sure the process is smooth and quick and that your customers know when to expect the delivery.
- Have patience. Like mentioned, the market is very competitive today with customers ever-so-demanding. It would take some time and marketing effort. Don’t lose hope even if you haven’t made any sale in the first month.
These are 19 solid tips for the new online clothing businesses for maximum success ahead. Good Luck!